13 March 2014

Sen. Mark Pryor needs a copy of Creedence's song 'Fortunate Son'

MARCH 11, 2014

Sen. Mark Pryor of Arkansas claimed his political opponent Tom Cotton, a veteran of the 101st Airborne who did tours of duty in both Iraq and Afghanistan, has a sense of entitlement from his military service. "I think it's part of this sense of entitlement that he gives off -- almost as like 'I served my country, therefore elect me to the Senate," Pryor reportedly said.

This is just bizarre, especially coming from someone who basically inherited his Senate seat from his father, David Pryor, who was a member of the Senate for 18 years.

It made me think of that old Creedence Clearwater Revival song, "Fortunate Son":


Meanwhile, in other Capitol Hill news, Congress is beginning toquestion the direction the CIA has taken over the last decade. Better late than never, I suppose.

Maj. Kamil Sztalkoper/DVIDS

No comments: